This week’s Trader Joe’s haul (8/8)
I’ve been in nesting mode in a big way lately.
Among my many nesting tendencies is the desire to stock our house with as much non-perishable food as possible before the baby arrives.
You’d think that I was preparing to be trapped in the house for the next decade or something, but I can’t fight the urge!
Anyway, I picked up a few freezer and pantry items yesterday (in addition to my weekly staples), and within the next few weeks, I’ll probably be purchasing similar items when I shop to slowly build up our stash.
- Latin style black bean soup
- Sunflower seeds
- Whole wheat flour tortillas
- Earth Balance butter
- Stevia packets (NuNaturals stevia is my favorite, but these are good as a backup…and much cheaper.)
- Turkey meatballs
- Whole grain French toast
- Butternut squash risotto
- Tomato & basil hummus
- Chicken chile lime burgers
- Spicy Thai style pasta salad (This was dinner last night, and it was pretty tasty!)
- Fire roasted red and yellow peppers
- Goddess dressing
- Balsamic dressing
- Tomato-less corn salsa
- Peppermint tea (my favorite tea ever)
If you’re interested, I’ll do a post solely devoted to the projects I’ve been tackling as a result of my extreme nesting. Just let me know in the comments if that’s something you’d like to see.
Have a great day!
I’m off to the Apple Genius Bar because my shift key isn’t working. Fingers crossed that it isn’t a pricey fix!