Delicious chicken recipe & Trader Joe’s haul (9/18)
We’ve had some gloomy rainy weather here in Charlotte these past few days. This sort of weather always puts me in the mood to make chili and curl up on the couch with some peppermint tea and a good book- or even my favorite Pottery Barn catalog of the year.
I could browse through this thing for hours. Maybe even days.
Anyway, I actually do plan to make chili at some point and picked up some of the necessary ingredients at Trader Joe’s this morning.
But before I share my weekly haul, I need to share a recipe for baked Mediterranean chicken that I made last night.
Don’t be intimidated by all of the ingredients. This recipe is super easy, and all I really had to do was throw everything into a casserole dish, set my oven timer, and walk away.
I did make a few minor changes to this recipe though:
- Used cooking wine instead of regular red wine
- Substituted baby bella mushrooms for the portobella mushrooms
- Eliminated the capers
- Eliminated the cherry tomatoes (because I thought they be too much for my heartburn, especially since the recipe calls for other tomato products as well)
- Added some chopped sweet yellow onion
- Only used red peppers (since that’s what I had on hand)
I served the chicken over quinoa, and it went perfectly. Michael and I both loved it!
OK- here’s my Trader Joe’s haul this week. As always, you can see the other items that I purchased here (as part of my weekly staples list).
- Spaghetti squash (I cannot wait to bake this!)
- Organic northern white beans (for the chili)
- Almond meal (a first time purchase for me)
- Clif Kid Z Bars in ice oatmeal cookie and chocolate brownie
- Raw honey
- Organic brown rice marshmallow treats
- Fire roasted green chilies (for the chili, of course)
- More Greek pumpkin yogurt (amazing in pumpkin smoothies)
I don’t know about you, but I’m still patiently waiting for their pumpkin bread mix and pumpkin butter to hit the shelves.
What is the best recipe you’ve tried lately? Links are welcome.
Be sure to check back in tomorrow because I’m going to show you all of my fun fall decorations.
Have a great day!
(PS- Guess who is 35 weeks pregnant today? )