Let’s get organized (2013 projects)
(I sort of want to sing the title of this post to the tune of Let’s Get Physical…)
Around this time of the year, many people start to make resolutions to do things like lose weight or go to the gym more often (or at all). Though there’s always some room for improvement, I feel like I already have those things pretty much covered.
So for the past few years, my goals for the New Year have involved organization.
Last year, I was nesting, so I was kind of a maniac with my organizing projects. My biggest project was tidying up and rearranging the pantry in our kitchen. Some of my other projects were:
- Organizing the kitchen cabinets
- Cleaning out my desk
- Organizing the bedrooms of Michael’s other two kids
- Creating a binder for our household warranties and manuals (I highly suggest doing this. Check out this video guide, if you’re interested.)
- Cleaning out and organizing the linen closet in our hallway upstairs and the one in our bedroom
- Arranging the baby’s nursery
- Organizing the laundry room
- Organizing my jewelry collection
As productive as I was in 2012, I have major plans for 2013 when it comes to organizing our happy home. Here’s the plan:
- Clean out my closet and donate old clothing
- Organize my obscene collection of candles and plug-ins
- Clean and organize the garage (I’m totally dreading this one, but it needs to be done in a big way.)
- Organize our “junk” closet (Everyone has one of these, right?)
- Organize all of my gift wrapping supplies, such as paper, bags, bows, and tags
- Clean out our coat closet
- Organize all of our holiday decorations (I’ve already started!)
- Create a memory box for Michael (more details on this to come… )
I think that this list is totally doable- even with a baby who needs my attention. In fact, I’ve already stocked up on all of my containers, and I’m ready to go!
As I complete some of these projects, I plan to share my recaps with you (maybe even in video form), so stay tuned!
Do you have any plans to get organized in 2013? Did you tackle any big projects in 2012?