Convenient healthy snacks
I don’t know about you, but I’m certainly not one of those people who can be satisfied on just three meals a day.
While I don’t need a mid-morning snack, I often have one in between lunch and dinner- especially these days since MT and I have been eating dinner later than usual during the week.
When I do have a snack, it has to be something that doesn’t take a lot of time to prepare. It also has to be easy to eat- meaning that I can eat it while holding or feeding a baby.
Foods or liquids that are very hot or ones that require the use of utensils are pretty much out of the question as well.
Here are some of my go-to snacks:
- Cherry tomatoes (Thank goodness, I didn’t realize that I loved these while I was pregnant. My heartburn would have been through the roof!)
- Pre-sliced apple sprinkled with cinnamon
- Baby carrots with hummus
- Sliced cucumber dipped in salsa
- Shelled edamame
- Raw almonds
- Raw walnuts
- Sugar snap peas
- Air-popped popcorn drizzled in coconut oil and some sea salt
- Mary’s Gone Crackers dipped in salsa, hummus, or guacamole (They are gluten-free.)
- Dried mango slices
- Frozen red grapes
- Green smoothie (I’ll make one in the morning and drink it throughout the day.)
- Dried Goji berries
- Cup of blueberries or raspberries
- Kale chips
- thinkThin bars
Recently, the people over at thinkThin sent me some bars to try. I’m a white chocolate lover, so their white chocolate flavor has always been my favorite. However, I’m newly obsessed with their thinkThin Divine bar in German chocolate coconut. It is seriously delicious. If you like peanut butter, you’ll also love the chunky peanut butter bars.
The bars make a perfect healthy snack because they can be eaten on-the-go, and they are low in sugar, contain protein, and are gluten-free.
What is your favorite healthy snack?