Things I didn’t share Friday (3/15)
Since I had so much fun participating in last Friday’s link-ups, I thought that I’d do it again today.
It’s actually a really fun way for me to share all of the random things that didn’t make their way onto the blog during the rest of the week.
I hope that you enjoy them!
1. The weather has been so beautiful lately, and I’ve been taking afternoon walks with Michael as much as possible. He seems to love them! However, we were chased down by a stray Chihuahua on one of our more recent ones which turned our leisurely stroll into more of a fast shuffle.
2. I’ve been eating bread and butter pickles with every meal. Thankfully, I haven’t gone so far as to blend them into one of my green smoothies…yet.
3. I made a grilled chicken salad for lunch yesterday, and it tasted so good with mango salsa mixed in. If you look closely, you can also see some bread and butter pickle chips too. I wasn’t exaggerating when I said that I’ve been eating them constantly.
4. Even though I’m more inclined to use my slow cooker when the weather is rainy and gloomy outside, I pulled it out this week to make a gluten-free pork roast with mushrooms and brown sugar apricot-pomegranate sauce (only I used honey instead of brown sugar). It was really flavorful, and I’d highly recommend the recipe. I served it with whole wheat couscous and salad.
The plastic bag that you see is a slow cooker liner, and it was supposed to make clean-up a breeze. It probably would have done just that, but the bag tore and left a nice sticky mess all over my counter and kitchen floor.
5. We’re all ready for the Easter Bunny in my household! In fact, I’m taking Michael to see him (or her, as the case may be) this afternoon. He did just fine with Santa, so I’m hoping that the bunny doesn’t scare him either.
6. Earlier in the week, I bought these ice cream Reese’s peanut butter cups for MT, and he loved them. Since they are limited edition for Easter, I went back to the store and bought all of the remaining boxes. Yeah- I’m sure that I didn’t look like I had an addiction at all. 😉
Now tell me something random about your week!
(And don’t forget to enter my thinkThin giveaway.)