Things I didn’t share Friday (8/9)
1. On the way to Greenville last Sunday, we passed a landmark in Gaffney, SC called The Peachoid. It is a 135-foot tall water tower that looks like a giant peach. The tower is definitely kind of tacky, but like I said, it’s a landmark, and it is always kind of fascinating to see it. (By the way, MT thinks it looks like a giant butt.)
2. On Tuesday evening the weather was kind of gloomy, and it really put me in the mood for Chinese food (especially soup). I didn’t have to work very hard (or at all) to convince MT that we should order in, and it was just the perfect comfort food.
3. I’ve always heard moms talk about how they have zero time alone in the bathroom post-kids, but until recently, I hadn’t really experienced a whole lot of interference. These days, I shower while Michael pounds on the shower door, use the toilet while he crawls around my feet, and put on my makeup as he tugs on my legs. But in all honesty, it doesn’t bother me one tiny bit.
4. Michael and I met my friend Kirsten for lunch on Wednesday at Jason’s Deli. Normally, I’d raid their salad bar, but it seemed like a total impossibility with a stroller and a baby who grabs for everything that he sees. So, I ordered a sandwich with grilled chicken and avocado. I think that I’m going to start up my own stroller friendly and child-proofed salad bar just for mothers to use. Anyone want to go into business with me?
5. Earlier in the week, I won an Etsy gift card, and I probably spent the whole thing within ten minutes of receiving it. It was just such a no-brainer since I’ve had my eye on these chain link bracelets for a few months. They have champagne and rose gold finishes and look so great with my watch. I love them!
Have a great weekend!