Things I didn’t share Friday (9/20)
1. As you know, I am a big fan of the show Duck Dynasty, so as you can imagine, I was very excited when the cast was recently on The Dr. Oz Show. The best part? Dr. Oz taught them about the benefits of coconut oil (and you also know that I love coconut oil!). Apparently, if you have a big bushy beard, coconut oil is a great conditioner for it. I guess that I should update my list of ways to use coconut oil now to include that little tip.
2. Speaking of Duck Dynasty, my friend Lindsay and I have tickets to the Southern Women’s Show on Sunday thanks to Scoop Charlotte…and we’re going to meet Jessica Robertson! We’re both massively excited, and we’ve been talking about it for weeks. You can expect an update on Monday for sure!
3. I grew up watching old reruns of The Mary Tyler Moore Show, and it is still one of my favorite shows of all-time. I always wanted to toss my hat up in the air in the middle of a crowd like Mary. One of my favorite characters on the show was Rhoda who was portayed by the amazing Valerie Harper. In case you haven’t heard, Valerie has cancer and was recently told that she does not have much more time to live. Instead of sulking about it, she joined this season of Dancing with the Stars. This season, my votes will definitely be going to Valerie and Elizabeth Berkeley (aka Jessie Spano on Saved by the Bell).
4. Apparently, my son is a kleptomaniac. We were shopping in Target the other day, and I didn’t even notice that he had pulled this shirt into the cart. Obviously, his daddy was very proud of his selection.
5. America’s Got Talent concluded this week, and an incredibly talented performer by the name of Kinechi Ebina won the show. I was very happy with the results and felt that he deserved to win. Second place went to my other favorite performer, a comedian named Taylor Williamson. I was cheering for him from the very beginning because he looks exactly like Michael’s pediatrician. That is a perfectly valid reason to vote for someone, right?
Have a great weekend!