My first Eco-Emi subscription box
Since I prefer to use more natural products whenever possible (especially when it comes to food, skincare, hair care, and cleaning supplies), I thought that it would be fun to try out the Eco-Emi subscription box this month.
For those of you who are not familiar with it, here are some quick facts about Eco-Emi:
- Each box contains “five to ten samples of natural, organic, green, eco-friendly, cruelty free, vegan, vegetarian or Fair Trade products to your door wrapped in chic earth friendly packaging” (source).
- Some examples of what you might find in a typical box are tea, lip balm, snacks, and all-natural perfume.
- Many different brands are featured in the boxes, such as Pangea Organics, Aura Cacia, Dr. Hauschka, J.R. Watkins, Mighty Leaf, Artisana, Eco Lips, Glee Gum, Hugo Naturals, Juice Beauty, Pure, and The Ginger People (just to name a few).
- The box is $15 per month (including shipping), and you can cancel at any time.
My first box arrived late last week and was nicely packaged with a description card detailing the contents of the box. Here’s what came in it…
- Mint & Acai Whitening Gum by Vita Care (1 full pack)
- Organic Sweet Orange Deodorant by Only Nat Cheryl (sample size bar)
- All Purpose Healing Salve by The Natural Choice Apothecary (sample size)
- Ginger Peach Iced Tea by Mighty Leaf (including a coupon for $1.50 a full box)
- Cleansing Towelettes by Dessert Essence (1 cleansing towelette)
- Organic Mayan Riviera Honey Moisturizing Exfoliant by Zola Jae (really generous sample & smells like brown sugar)
- Juicy Orange Flavor Lip Gloss by Purely You Minerals (sample size)
- Assorted Cream Foundation by Lauren Brooke (3 sample size containers)
- Peru La Florida Coffee by Cool Bean Perks (1 sample pack for three 6-ounce servings)
While my box contained many samples, I honestly wasn’t overly excited about any of them and feel as though many will go unused. I decided to cancel my subscription for now and just stick with Citrus Lane (especially since they send full-size products).
However, I don’t regret trying the box at all and really love Eco-Emi’s message and the fact that they are trying to expose people to more natural products.
Have you ever tried Eco-Emi? If so, what did you think?