Things I didn’t share Friday (10/4)
1. It is so hard to believe, but Michael will turn 1 year old on Halloween. MT and I have been trying to figure out what to buy for his birthday and finally decided to get the new Fisher Price Little People Fun Sounds Farm. I had one when I was little, so it was pretty cool to get one for my son. I have to admit that I’m kind of dying to open it up and play with it!
2. I had an ultrasound on Tuesday, and baby #2 looks fantastic! The technician even told me whether she thinks we’re having a boy or a girl. We won’t have a final confirmation for another 2 weeks or so though, but I promise that I’ll share the news with all of you.
3. My dad watched Michael while I was at my appointment, and when I got home, he warned me that he didn’t think he did such a great job changing his diaper before his nap. Well, Michael woke up from his nap about an hour later, and he was standing up in his crib wiggling his butt and moving his legs kind of funny when I walked in the room. I picked him up out of the crib and noticed that he was completely soaked in urine. When I unzipped his pajamas, I saw that my father had put his diaper on inside out AND backwards! I’m still trying to figure out how it’s even possible to put a diaper on that way, but I also had a really good laugh over the whole thing. It looks like I’ll have to give old grandpa a diaper changing lesson ASAP!
4. Before the Lionel Richie concert, MT and I killed some time sitting on the patio of a restaurant across from the concert arena. While we were sitting there, I suddenly got a massive craving for a chocolate chip cookie. I grabbed a menu off the table to see if they had any, but I was unfortunately out of luck. For some reason, the craving just got stronger and stronger- which was strange because I haven’t had many cravings this time around- and then we realized why I was having them. A white van with a giant cookie logo on it had been circling the block repeatedly. How’s that for some effective advertising? I’m happy to report that I did finally get my cookie at the end of the night.
5. I had been meaning and meaning to watch Bethenny Frankel’s new talk show and finally remembered to DVR this week. Consider me officially hooked! It’s girly and light and fun and just what I like! Plus, the woman has a seriously amazing wardrobe, and I get lots of style inspiration by watching.
Have a great weekend!