Every Drop Counts Campaign & a Neutrogena Naturals giveaway
Please note: Neutrogena is sponsoring this giveaway. However, I have not received any products or compensation for this post. All opinions stated below are my own.
One morning a few weeks ago, MT and I were brushing our teeth side by side at our separate bathroom sinks like a scene out of House Hunters (as Michael was opening all of the cabinets below us of course).
I couldn’t help but notice that we both had our faucets running at full force the whole time- letting lots of perfectly good clean water just go to waste.
The scene has kind of stuck with me, and since then, I’ve made a conscious effort to shut off the water when I’m not using it.
By total coincidence, I learned about the “Every Drop Counts” campaign just a few days later. The campaign’s brand ambassador is Kristen Bell (who I absolutely adore!), and if you haven’t already guessed, the campaign is being sponsored by Neutrogena Naturals (for the third year in a row).
Here are some more details about the campaign…
- Neutrogena Naturals is partnering with the Nature Conservancy (the leading conservation organization) to ensure that clean water is available to those who need it.
- During the entire month of October, Neutrogena will take 10% of the purchase price of each Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Cleanser that is sold and contribute it to the Nature Conservancy.
- The goal is to save 1 million gallons of water!
Here’s how you can get involved…
- If you visit the Neutrogena Naturals Facebook page, you can take a pledge to adopt simple water-conserving behaviors (like shutting off the faucet while you brush your teeth!).
- By taking the pledge, you’ll also be automatically entered to win a green spa trip to Napa Valley.
Here’s why you should take the pledge…
- The “water footprint” of the average American is 32,911 glasses per day (including water used to grow and make things we eat, wear, and use, as well as water needed to generate energy for everyday activities).
- The amount of water wasted from U.S. homes could exceed more than 1 trillion gallons per year- the equivalent of the annual water use of Los Angeles, Chicago, and Miami combined!
- If you cut your morning shower down to 5 minutes, you’d save about 80 gallons of water a week or 320 gallons per month.
Neutrogena kindly offered to giveaway an eco friendly prize pack to one reader of The Grass Skirt just for taking the pledge!
The prize pack will include an assortment of amazing products from the Neutrogena Naturals line, such as a pore scrub, makeup remover, face wash, and body bar.
You can enter using the Rafflecopter widget below. Only one entry is mandatory. The rest will earn you bonus entries.
Sorry- this giveaway is open to U.S. residents only.