Things I didn’t share Friday (Halloween recap!)
1. Even though Michael is cutting five teeth all at once and therefore hasn’t been feeling like himself, we still had a blast celebrating his birthday yesterday. I still cannot believe that my baby boy is a year old! It’s kind of bittersweet. On one hand, I’m sad that he’s growing more and more independent, and I am dreading the days when he doesn’t want to be held or cuddled. On the other hand, it is such a joy to watch him grow and develop and walk and play. He’s also turning into a little comedian and makes me laugh every single day.
2. I couldn’t resist buying this balloon for Michael yesterday. He was so excited by it, and he wasn’t the only one…. As I was stuffing the balloon into the car, a construction worker stopped me to ask if we bought the giant Elmo balloon. When I told him that we were indeed the proud owners of the balloon, he yelled out, “Awesome!” as loud as can be, and I got a very strong impression that he wanted one for himself.
3. Part of Michael’s birthday included a fun get together with a bunch of his little friends at The Baby Grocery Store. I absolutely loved seeing the babies in their costumes. It was cuteness overload!
4. Speaking of costumes, Michael dressed as an alligator. His costume was extremely padded and made him look like a little butterball, but it was precious.
5. I grew up watching Hocus Pocus, and my friend Jen and I had a tradition of watching it together when we were in high school and college. I couldn’t let a Halloween go by without watching it, so MT and I had a Hocus Pocus movie night last night. It was actually the first time that he ever saw it! Not that’s truly horrifying. 😉