Things I didn’t share Friday (12/6)
1. Michael was just a little over a month old when I took him to see Santa Claus at the mall last year, so he basically slept through the whole visit. This year, things went a bit differently. He did great actually…right up until the point when Santa lifted Michael up to his face. As you can see by the photo, Michael didn’t like that very much.
2. I am sure that it is pregnancy-related, but I’ve been feeling a little bit…blah lately. Yesterday morning, I decided to wear my new Target necklace, and I swear that it instantly made me feel better. It’s amazing what a little accessorizing can do for a girl, isn’t it?
3. Speaking of Target, you must get your hands on the soy Nordic Pine Candle that they are selling in stores right now. It is a limited edition for the holidays, so definitely jump on it if you like the smell of Christmas trees!
4. You all know that I miss wine a lot these days. I guess that we always want what we can’t have… A lot of doctors say that it’s perfectly fine to have a glass now and then, but I prefer to completely abstain from alcohol when I’m pregnant. My little substitution has been sparkling non-alchoholic champagne (aka bubbly grape juice). Is it the same? Not even close- but it is a nice alternative to water on those evenings when I want something a little more exciting.
5. Awhile back, Larabar released an ALT Pumpkin Pie bar. As soon as I heard the news, I was on a mission to try one. After scouring the shelves of every local health food store for months, I finally found them at Earth Fare last weekend. I was naturally elated, but the bar turned out to be a major fail. I probably would have liked it if it was a regular Larabar, but I don’t really care for the ALT bars. Oh well…at least the hunt is over!
Have you tried the Pumpkin Pie ALT bar? If so, what did you think of it?