Things I didn’t share Friday (1-17)
1. As part of my nesting phase, I’ve been cleaning out beauty products that I don’t plan to use and gave most of them to my sister Melissa- including a pretty bold shade of gloss by Rimmel. Apparently, my sister owned a clear gloss from the same line and automatically assumed that the tube I gave to her also contained a clear gloss. Her lips were pretty chapped while she was at work yesterday (FYI- she’s a teacher), so she kept reapplying the gloss over and over again as though it was a lip balm. Imagine her shock when she went to the restroom, looked in the mirror, and saw her lips messily smeared with bright pink gloss! The worst part is that it was picture day and no one bothered to tell her that she was looking like a hot mess before the pictures were taken.
2. Being that we moved Michael into a new room, I took the opportunity to make it look like more of a “big boy” room (even though he still sleeps in a crib). I’m going to do a room tour next week, so look out for it!
3. I already finished my second bottle of sesame oil (for oil pulling) this week. I’m actually almost done with my olive oil as well, but I think that I’m going to switch to coconut oil for awhile and see how it works for me. Supposedly, you really get the teeth whitening effects with coconut oil. I’ll let you know!
3. I had my 3 hour long glucose test on Monday, and it honestly wasn’t as dreadful as I remembered. Don’t get me wrong though- it certainly wasn’t fun. In case you’re not familiar with the way it works, I’ll explain… You have to take the test to check for gestational diabetes if you fail the 1 hour test (which I did…with BOTH pregnancies). I had to fast before the test, which is just cruel to do to a pregnant woman in my opinion, and I had my blood drawn at the lab to check my fasting levels when I arrived at my appointment. After that, I had to drink this nasty sugar drink that is even more concentrated than the one that women have to chug for the 1 hour test. Then my blood was drawn every hour for the next three hours. I passed the time by watching YouTube videos on my iPad, and it was over before I knew it (kind of). I won’t have the results back for another few days, but my fingers are crossed.
4. I’ve never really been into wearing bronzer even though I am pretty fair-skinned. A lot of them just look too orangey or muddy on me. But I’ve been using the Korres Magic Light Contouring Trio for the past 5 days to give my skin some extra warmth, and I just wish that I had pulled it from makeup arsenal sooner. It’s totally worth the extra step in my routine each morning even if I am the only one who notices the change.
Have a wonderful weekend!