5 beauty benefits of apple cider vinegar (and my blonde hair!)
Apple Cider Vinegar (or ACV) has been a staple in my daily routine for several months now, and let me tell you, it’s good stuff.
So, why am I such a big fan?
For one thing, ACV can have a major impact on our internal health. In fact, drinking 1 tablespoon mixed in a glass of water before each meal can aid digestion, control blood sugar, clear stuffy noses, promote the growth of good bacteria in our system, support weight loss, and fight yeast infections- among numerous other benefits.
It can also have a positive influence on our physical appearance when used both internally and topically.
1. ACV helps to clear acne and congested skin when consumed internally because it flushes out the digestive system and therefore removes toxins from the body.
2. It can also fight acne when applied topically because it absorbs excess oil and keeps our skin balanced. I like to make my own toner by mixing ACV with water and gently rubbing it all over my face with facial cotton both morning and night.
3. It can prevent age spots. Just apply is as a toner like I described above. Talk about a nice and cheap alternative to expensive creams!
4. It can give us super shiny hair and a healthy scalp that is pH balanced. Simply massage some ACV into your scalp, leave it on for about 30 minutes, shampoo and rinse thoroughly. Bonus: This also helps if you have dandruff.
5. If you’re not keen on oil pulling for a whiter smile, gargle with some ACV each morning for whiter brighter teeth.
When using ACV, there are just a couple of things you should keep in mind. First of all, it is extremely acidic, so make sure that you always dilute it with water or even juice before you drink it to protect your throat and stomach. By the way, you can also use it in salad dressings if you’re a little squeamish about drinking it.
Secondly, you should only use raw unfiltered ACV, such as my favorite one by Bragg, because you won’t get all of the same benefits by using the pasteurized variety.
And as promised, here are a few pics of me with my new blonder hair! I was working with second day hair, so that’s why it was pulled back. MT and I have a date this weekend (yahoo!), so I should have some better ones to show you while my hair is down.
Do you use apple cider vinegar for anything? If so, please share!
Have a great day!