Things I didn’t share Friday (2/14)
1. As I’m sure you already know, the Carolinas actually got hit with some snow this week. I was pretty excited about it at first because it was Michael’s first real snow. He was so intrigued by it and ran right out onto the snow covered lawn to play. All was good until he face planted and wanted nothing more to do with it.
2. I was totally over the snow myself after being stuck in the house with a toddler for three days in a row while MT was out of town. He was supposed to be back home two days ago, but his flights kept getting cancelled due to the crazy weather. Needless to say, having no adult interaction has made for a rough week. And Michael and I both came down with major cases of cabin fever. It could have been way worse though. We never lost power and got to do lots of snuggling by the warm fire. Plus, I discovered that Michael loves the movie Toy Story which means that we can take a break from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse every now and then. Shrek, on the other hand, is apparently terrifying.
3. One of the positives about being trapped indoors for 3 days? The ability to shop from the comfort of my couch of course. I ordered a bunch of outfits from Gymboree for my baby girl, and you’ll see them all in my clothing haul early next week. By the way, you should head on over to that website if you have a little one. I got everything for 40-70% off!
4. After being home since Tuesday, we finally got out of the house this afternoon. We only did some grocery shopping, but it was glorious.
5. And now for a very exciting announcement… I’m going to see Lionel Richie in concert (AGAIN!) when he’s in Charlotte this July!!! I am excited beyond words. I apologize in advance for the fact that you’ll be hearing about it for the next several months to come!
Happy Valentine’s Day!