Healthy eats from the past few weeks
A few weeks ago, I wrote that I planned to bring back my “Healthy eats” posts (and more healthy eating posts in general). Oddly enough, I am starting today- on a day when I have a massive headache coupled with extreme nausea. I’ve actually felt like this for several days now (hence the major lack of posts this week). I have no idea if it’s a bug or the pregnancy, but the feeling has basically rendered me useless.
But enough about all of that. Here are some of my recent meals and snacks. Hopefully, they’ll give you some ideas!
1. Egg scramble with one whole egg, two egg whites, spinach, kale, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, and a sprinkling of nutritional yeast
2. Baked honey mustard chicken with dill over a salad
3. Green smoothie with half a banana, almond milk, flax seed, frozen strawberries, raw honey, cinnamon, and a few handfuls of spinach
4. Pancake made with coconut flour along with some berries and raw honey
5. Plain Greek yogurt, flax seed, raw honey, strawberries, and mango
6. Chicken, kale, and sweet potato soup from The Fresh Market (Thanks, Mom!)
7. Granny Smith apple with a sprinkling of the Trader Joe’s cinnamon and brown sugar grinder (I love their grinders!)
8. Salad with romaine, pineapple, avocado, tomatoes, cucumber and a burger… (And yes…those are fries in the bottom right corner…)
9. Salad with Atlantic salmon (baked with dijon mustard, honey, and almond flour) over a salad
10. Smoothie made with banana, pineapple, orange juice, vanilla pea protein, and coconut water
I’ve also been eating lots of grapefruit and oranges. Citrus fruits seem to be my third trimester craving! Sweet potatoes and pineapple (not together of course) are some other staples.
As you can see, I always try to work in some greens with my protein, and I have been so into making my own homemade dressings lately. I’m going to do a post all about them very soon!
What are some of your staples lately when it comes to your meals and snacks? I am always looking for new ideas.