Style tips for looking your very best during pregnancy
(Please note: While I did receive some clothing from Eve of Eden, all opinions stated below are my own. I was not paid to write this post.)
When I was pregnant with Michael, I felt as though I lost my own sense of style. While I wasn’t exactly wearing tents and garbage bags, it just seemed like my maternity clothes weren’t “me”, and I was absolutely dying to get back into my regular clothes.
By the way, why do maternity clothes come in such weird colors and patterns? I swear that I actually found a skirt in one store that was identical to one that I wore back in 1994.
I wanted things to be different the second time around because, while fashion isn’t the most important thing to focus on during pregnancy, I do feel my very best when I put a little bit of effort into looking put together.
During my first pregnancy, I was in maternity wear mostly during the warmer months, and with this one, I’ve needed mostly fall and winter clothes. How’s that for a perfect excuse to revamp my pregnancy wardrobe?
I’m not going to lie- I am still really eager to get back into my non-maternity clothes (and I have done lots of shopping for new stuff lately), but I had a lot more fun with my maternity clothes during this pregnancy.
Here are some reasons why…
- I focused on buying mostly solids and neutrals, such as long-sleeved cotton shirts in black and white.
- I spiced up my outfits with accessories like scarves, statement necklaces, bold earrings, and even some colored pants.
- I continued to wear as many of my “regular” clothes as possible, such as shoes (even heels!), boots, cardigans, button up shirts (with maternity tanks under them), and jackets.
- If something didn’t suit my normal style, I either didn’t buy it or didn’t wear it.
- Pinterest became a major source of inspiration. There are so many amazing fashion bloggers who have been pregnant, and I just love looking at their boards for ideas. Check out my Pinterest account to see what I pinned!
My pregnancy wardrobe has honestly been quite small, but I’d much rather have just a few clothes that make me feel comfortable than a closet filled with ones that make me look like Bea Arthur.
A lot of you have asked about an outfit that I posted on Instagram several weeks ago. It’s actually my favorite maternity piece in my wardrobe, and it comes from an Australia-based shop called Eve of Eden.
FYI- The shirt is on sale right now!
Eve of Eden ships internationally, and you can receive $10 off any order of $70 or more if you use the code GRASSSKIRT (offer is valid until March 31, 2014).
I’d love to hear your tips for maintaining your style during pregnancy, so please share away below…
Have a great weekend!