Weekend Recap (5/19-5/20)

This weekend was definitely what I’d call baby-filled.

On Saturday, I went to the movies with Caitlin, Sara, and Lindsay (who are all pregnant as well) to see What To Expect When You’re Expecting.

In the opinion of a pregnant woman, it was adorable (though probably not destined to become a classic).  Elizabeth Banks played my favorite character and showed what I’ll call…the unglamorous sides of pregnancy.

Surprisingly, the movie was a bit sad in parts, so if you’re on the emotional side, bring tissues if you go to see this.  It wasn’t a major tearjerker by any means (after all, it is a comedy), but those tissues might come in handy.

Group belly shot!

What on earth is up with my goofy smile in that picture?  Sometimes I make that face in photos, and I have no idea why.  Michael and I have a ridiculous picture from our honeymoon where I’m making the same exact expression.

Maybe that’s how I look when I am extremely excited?



On Sunday, Lindsay and I went to a little baby fair called All About Baby Charlotte.  It was fun to walk around and browse (and grab a free cookie),  but my favorite parts were getting to spend some time with Lindsay and buying this book for my little one.


As soon as I saw the cover, I knew that I needed to buy it since Michael is quite obsessed with flying RC airplanes.

Yes, I judged a book by its cover.  Luckily, it ended up being a really cute book with beautiful illustrations.

My Propeller Plane was written by a local woman named Jillian Nowlan and illustrated by another local named Kate Whitmore.


Jillian was so sweet and signed the book.  Since we won’t know the baby’s sex until Thursday (!!!), I just had her address the book to Michael.


On our way out, Lindsay was given a special goodie bag- under the condition that she opened it while the event photographer snapped some photos.

I decided to take a picture of Lindsay in action as well, but I couldn’t figure out how to get the woman on the right side of the photo out of the shot.


Can you see her?

Every time I moved, she’d follow me, and it was starting to drive me crazy!

Finally, I realized that Lindsay was sitting in front  of a mirror…and the annoying woman was me.

Pregnancy brain strikes again!

I don’t usually do life-casting posts like this, but I decided to shake things up a bit and do them a bit more often.  Do you like the idea of more personal posts on The Grass Skirt? 

Did you see any good movies over the weekend?  I’m not sure if I told you, but Michael and I saw The Avengers last weekend, and it was really good (although I thought it felt super long).  The cast was in kick-ass shape, and I’m told that it is partly because of all of the green smoothies they were drinking. Sounds like good motivation to drink your greens to me.

Hope your week is off to a great start!

(PS- You still have time to enter my NuNaturals giveaway!  The winner will be selected tomorrow.)



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


  1. Sounds like you had a great baby-filled weekend:) Love these posts, so thanks for sharing. Have a Great Week too.

  2. Well, to 90% I love what you write, so I’m always happy to see you have posted something new. 🙂 (It sounds weird to write: “to 90% … but you know what I mean. It’s not that I don’t like the other 10%, but there is always stuff that interests one a bit less; for me, its a blog entry about American blends of food or cosmetics we don’t have here; so nothing to worry about).

    Just write what YOU want to share about your life! I write not much about myself on my blog, because I am very aware that once you have posted something on the big, wide internet, it’s like in Harry Potter: “Too late, it’s gone, it won’t come back.”

    Therefore: Only write things you don’t mind us to know! I’ll be content with that, I promise.

    Have a great week!!! (and I am curious about the sex of your baby, I have to admit) 😉

    • thegrassskirt

      Thanks SO much for your feedback! I definitely keep the things that I don’t want to share private (like photos of how I look in the morning without makeup ;)), but I am absolutely going to share the sex of the baby! I hope that you have a great week too! 🙂

  3. Jenn Staz

    That’s so nice that you and your girlfriends went to see that movie together. I’ll def have to make sure I see that one. I like the personal posts; keep them coming!

  4. So much fun!

    I’m absolutely dying laughing about you and the annoying woman standing behind me while I opened the goody bag, hahahahaha! 🙂


    • thegrassskirt

      LOL. I’m a mess! 🙂 Once again, it was so much fun to spend time with you!


  1. I’m so excited… | The Grass Skirt - [...] (You can see the video here.) [...]
  2. Weekend Recap (shopping, baby shower, & food) | The Grass Skirt - [...] it was yet another baby-filled weekend here,  but I did also manage to cram in some fun totally unrelated…

Leave a Reply